Welcome to our new web site!
To give our readers a chance to experience all that our new website has to offer, we have made all content freely avaiable, through October 1, 2018.
During this time, print and digital subscribers will not need to log in to view our stories or e-editions.
Thursday, May 28, is the last day to request an absentee ballot to vote in the June 2 Primary. Voters can drop off completed ballots in sealed envelopes at any polling location throughout the county. Immediate family members or caregivers can drop off a voter’s sealed absentee ballot at the county clerk’s office at the county government center. Completed absentee ballots must be turned in by 7 p.m. on election day.
• Vote early at the Doña Ana County Government Center, 845 N. Motel Blvd. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and on Saturday, May 30.
• Alternate voting locations are open 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday through May 30: Anthony City Hall, 820 Highway 478 in Anthony; Dolores C. Wright Educational Center, 400 E. Lisa Drive in Chaparral; Doña Ana Community College/Sunland Park, 3365 McNutt Road in Sunland Park; Hatch High School, 170 E. Herrera Road in Hatch; Las Cruces City Hall, 700 N. Main St.; Corbett Center, 1600 International Mall on the NMSU campus; and Sonoma Elementary School, 4201 Northrise Drive;.
Same-day voter registration is available at each location during early voting.
Election day voting
Note: In response to the COVID-19 public health emergency, voting sites for the June 2 Primary Election have been consolidated to the following locations, which are open 7 a.m.-7 p.m. on Election Day:
• Anthony: City Hall, 820 Highway 478
• Berino: Berino Elementary School, 92 Shrode Road
• Chaparral: Chaparral Middle School, 290 Lisa Drive
• Hatch: Hatch High School, 170 E Herrera Road
• Mesilla: Mesilla Elementary School, 2363 Calle del Sur
• Mesquite: Mesquite Elementary School, 205 New Mexico Hwy. 228
• Santa Teresa: Santa Teresa Middle School, 4800 McNutt Road
• Sunland Park: Desert View Elementary School, 1105 Valle Vista St.
• Las Cruces: Camino Real Middle School, 2961 N. Roadrunner Pkwy.; Desert Hills Elementary School, 280 N. Roadrunner Pkwy.; Doña Ana County Government Center, 845 N. Motel Blvd.; Jornada Elementary School, 3400 Elks Drive; Las Cruces City Hall, 700 N Main St.; Las Cruces High School, 1750 El Paseo Road; Lynn Middle School, 950 S. Walnut St.; Mayfield High school, 1955 N. Valley Drive; New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum, 4100 Dripping Springs Road; Sonoma Elementary School, 4201 Northrise Drive; Sunrise Elementary School, 5300 Holman Road; University Hills Elementary School, 2005 S. Locust St.; and Vista Middle School, 4465 Elks Drive.