Artforms Artists Association of New Mexico continues with its 22nd annual For the Love of Art Month throughout February at galleries and other locations throughout Las Cruces, Mesilla and the entire area.
See the event guide at www.artformsnm.org/floa for a complete list of events and activities, including dates, times and locations (maps are included, with galleries grouped by geographic location).
Tours are generally 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturdays and noon-4 p.m. on Sundays, although hours may vary at some venues. There will be demonstrations and works of art in progress during the tours, plus opportunities to talk to participating artists. Look for the blue flags at participating studios.
Here are remaining gallery tours:
- Feb. 22-23: Mary Diesel and Laurie Churchill, water media, watercolors, gouache, acrylic, drawings, fiber arts, ceramics; 208 Camelot Dr.
- Feb. 15-16: Leslie Toombs and Jan Minow, pastels, acrylics, mixed media; Painted Tree Studio, 429 Reeves Dr.
- Feb. 15-16: John Northcutt, sculpture, ceramics, fiber art; New Dimension Art works, 615 Piñon St.
- Feb. 15-16: Mary Beagle, oil paintings, stone sculptures; Brown-Beagle Studio, 480 El Prado Ave.
- Feb. 22-23: Flo Hosa Dougherty, watercolor, oil and acrylic paintings, mixed media; Blue Gate Fine Art Gallery, 4901 Chagar Court.
- Feb. 15-16 and 22-23: David Jacquez, folk (Santero) art, El Jardin de Las Cruces Art Gallery, 4010 N. Valley Dr.
- Feb. 15-16 and 22-23: Mary Lou LaCasse, steel, ceramics, fused glass, outdoor sculpture; LaCasse Arts, 3723 Lucky Lindy Lane.
- Feb. 15-16 and 22-23: Tomi LaPierre, sculpture, mixed media, photography; Tomi’s Studio, 3421 Doña Ana Road.
- Feb. 15-16: Roy van der Aa, mixed media, Pochoir prints; AA Studios, 2645 Doña Ana Road.
- Feb. 15-16: Candi Hogan & James Hogan, oil and water-soluble oil small works, yucca walking sticks and canes; Candi Hogan Art, 3935 Sombra Morada Road.
- Feb. 15-16: Kathy Marques, oils, pastels, watercolors; 4133 Capistrano Ave.
- Feb. 15-16 and 22-23: Marj Leininger and Kim Miller: water media, colored pencil, fabric draping, reclaimed glass and metal; Impressions Studio, 4116 Calle Belleza.
- Feb. 15-16: Jeri Desrochers, C.C. Cunningham, Janet Nordmann and Mary Zawacki, oil and acrylic paintings, pastels, pencil works; Studio of Jeri Descrochers, 3655 Canyon Ridge Arc.
- Feb. 15-16: Jack LeSage and Mary Jane Embury, oil, pastels, prints, eco-art expressions in jewelry; Sage Brush, 1829 Salinas Drive.
- Feb. 15-16 and 22-23: Lynn Unangst, hand-woven art garments, needlepoint gift items, “Spirit Minder” dolls, beaded buttons; Casa de Puertas, 4020 Red Yucca Court.
- Feb. 15: Teri Van Huss, Mary Galster, Alice Ward and Linda Wray, fractals, paintings, photography, notecards, mixed media; Funky Karma Incense & Tea, 3207 S. Main St.
- Feb. 16-16: Noel Sandino and Margaret Bernstein, printmaking, acrylic and oil mixed media paintings; 651 Watson Lane.
- Feb. 22-23: Debra Vance, watercolors, prints, merchandise, Debra Vance Art,2200 W. Union Ave.
- Marie Siegrist, watercolors, acrylics, graphite drawings; Studio 1490, 1490 Via Norte.
- Feb. 15-16: Jan Severson, mixed media, fiber art; 8181 Constitution Road.
- Feb. 15-16: Jan Thune, contemporary fiber arts; 1204 Verona Court.
- Through March 31: New Mexico Watercolor Society, Café de Mesilla, 2190 Highway 28 in Mesilla, open 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday-Monday.
- Through Feb. 29: ArtForms Members Exhibit, various media; Cruces Creatives, 205 E. Lohman Ave.
- Through Feb. 29: Celebrating the Love of Art, Agave Artists Co-op Gallery, 2250 Calle de Albino in Mesilla; gallery open 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday-Monday.
- Through Feb. 29: For the Love of Art Month, Mesilla Valley Fine Arts Gallery open house, 2470-A Calle de Guadalupe in Mesilla; reception is 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15; gallery open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. daily.
- Through Feb. 29: Mathematics Made Visible, Funky Karma Incense & Tea, 3207 S. Main St., fractal art; reception is 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15; shop is open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday.
- Through Feb. 29: For the Love of Watercolor, Frame & Art Center, 1100 N. Main St.; open 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Through Feb. 28: ArtForms Member Exhibit: Doña Ana Arts Council, 1740 Calle de Mercado; gallery open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Feb. 14-16: Erotica 2020, In Effect Gallery, 3390 Apple Cross Place in Mesilla Park; 2D and 3D art of all media by various artists, for ages 18-plus; reception is 6-10:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, also 2-4 p.m. Feb. 15-16.
- 3 p.m. Feb. 16: For the Love of Music, performance by Las Cruces Ukes; St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, 225 W. Griggs Ave.; performance will include love- and art-related songs such as “Mona Lisa,” “Starry, Starry Night,” “I Just Called to Say I Love You” and “L-O-V-E.” Members of the Las Cruces Ukes Teen Club at Arrowhead Park Early College High School will be guest performers.
- 5-7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21, ArtForms Members Exhibit reception at The Gallery at Big Picture, 2001 E. Lohman Ave., suite 109A. The show runs through March 30. big Picture is open 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 2-5 p.m. Saturday.
- Feb. 21-27: The Mesilla Valley Film Society presents “Van Gogh & Japan” as a For the Love of Art Month special screening at the Fountain Theatre, 2469 Calle de Guadalupe in Mesilla. For ticket info and show times, visit mesillavalleyfilm.org.
- 1-3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 22: Plein Air Paint Out, in Josefina’s Courtyard Garden just outside the Agave Artists Co-op Gallery, 2250 Calle de Albino in Mesilla. The gallery will exhibit works of oil, watercolor, acrylic, glass, pottery and photography throughout February.
- 2-4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23: New Mexico Art Initiative Exhibit, Memorial Medical Center administration building lobby, 2450 S. Telshor Blvd. The exhibit is part of the hospital’s sixth annual Cardiac Sweetheart Expo.
- Feb. 28-May 28: Labor—Motherhood & Art in 2020; New Mexico State University Art Museum, 1308 E. University Ave. Opening reception is 6:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28.
- 1-3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 29: Sin Fronteras/Writers Without Borders poetry readings, Center for Spiritual Living, 575 N. Main St. downtown.