Southern New Mexico Pride’s annual Pride Celebration includes more than a full week of activities in Las Cruces and Mesilla, beginning Sept. 23 and continuing through Oct. 2, with the big celebration, Pride on the Plaza, at Plaza de Las Cruces including more than 50 vendors and well more than 1,000 attendees.
Here are the events:
- Southern New Mexico Ball: 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 23, The Range LC, 3217 El Camino Real Road. La Vida Project presents an evening of drag performances with prizes and more. All ages are welcome.
- Drag Queen Alfresco Pride Kick-Off Drag Show: 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, Salud! de Mesilla, 1800 Avenida de Mesilla. Join 2022 Pride host Ivonna Bump for the Pride Kick-Off Drag Show. Seating begins at 6 p.m.
- Shaving Cream Baseball and Family Picnic: Sunday, Sept. 25, noon-2 p.m., Preciado Park, Gregg Street, between Williams and Sweet avenues on the New Mexico State University campus. Join PFLAG Las Cruces, Southern New Mexico Pride (SNMP), GLSEN New Mexico and NMSU LGBTQ+ Programs for an afternoon of games and food for the entire family.
- Pride GAYme Night: 7 p.m., Monday, Sept. 26, RAD Retrograde, 201 N. Main St. downtown, food and drink specials and lots of games.
- Pride Drag Loteria: 6 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 27, Vintage Wines, 2461 Calle de Principal in Mesilla. Join host Ivonna Bump, $5 per card, prizes, for all ages.
- Pride Rainbow Drinks: 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28, Salud! de Mesilla, 1800 Avenida de Mesilla. This is SNMP’s regular monthly event.
- Pride Karaoke: 7 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 29, Little Toad Creek Brewery and Distillery, 119 N. Main St. downtown.
- Pride Movie Night: 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 30, Alma d’arte Charter High School, 402 W. Court St. The movie is “Paris Is Burning,” sponsored by PFLAG Las Cruces and Thomas Branigan Memorial Library. Free. Popcorn and drinks will be available.
- 2022 Pride on the Plaza: 4:30 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 1. The event begins with the Pride March (the 2022 theme is “Say It Loud, Say It Proud”) with wagon floats around downtown. The march ends at Plaza de Las Cruces, 100 S. Main St. downtown, to begin an evening (5-10 p.m.) of entertainment, information and activities for all ages. The event drew more than 1,000 people in past years.
- Pride Brunch: Noon, Sunday, Oct. 2, Salud! de Mesilla, 1800 Avenida de Mesilla.
- Pride Happy Hour: 3 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 2, New Mexico Vintage Wines, 2461 Calle de Principal in Mesilla.
Pride is “a straight-friendly event,” said Robert Williams, who is in his fifth year as event chair. “All are welcome.”
Visit www.snmpride.org for more information and event details.